Welcome to the seed node staking section. Staking in Zilliqa has been implemented in several phases.
Phase 0 is the initial, past phase of the seed node staking program. Phase 0 is formally described in ZIP-3.
The goals of phase 0 are:
- Open up the seed nodes network to more operators
- Introduce staking at the seed node operation level
A seed node within the staking program is referred to as a Staked Seed Node or SSN.
Phase 1 is the past phase of SSN staking. Phase 1 is formally described in ZIP-11.
Phase 1 introduces:
- A mechanism for stake delegation, which removes the need to deposit $ZIL with an intermediary custodian
- Uncapped staking
- Stake rewards in the form of gZIL token, a ZRC-2 compliant governance token
- Bonding of stake amount
Phase 1.1 consists of all features from phase 1 and further introduces
- transfer stake deposit between accounts
- remove of custom ADT in
- proper removal of empty map entries
- changes to staking parameters in conjuction with changes in Zilliqa