A fully-fledged IDE used for writing, testing and deploying Scilla smart contracts painlessly. It can be tried out at https://ide.zilliqa.com/.
Neo-Savant helps Scilla developers to create and deploy Smart Contracts using an automated development environment, in-browser, with quick and intuitive controls.
- Intuitive UI for easy deployment/contract invocation.
- Multiple networks supported: Testnet, Mainnet and a Simulated Environment where you can test out contracts without spending $ZIL
- Account management using Keystore, Ledger or ZilPay.
- Simple, persistent file manager for managing your contracts that allows for renaming/deletion.
- Possibility to import already deployed contracts and call their transitions.
- Support for event in contracts, with automatic notifications in the UI.
- Support for arbitrary gas price/gas limit in deployment/calls.
Method 1: Install directly from VS Marketplace
- Launch VS Code Quick Open (Ctrl+P),
- Use the following command
Method 2: Manual install using VS Code extension package
- Download the
.visxfile from the releases tab
- Using the Install from VSIX command in the Extensions view command drop-down,: Install from VSIX command in the Command Palette, point to the
- Syntax highlighting
- Code Snippets
- Debugging (Error & Warnings)
- Cash Flow Analysis (
ctrl + Pthen
Scilla: Cashflow Analyser)
- Gas Usage Reports (Enable it in extension settings)
- Type info for variables (Hover over dotted lines to see they type information of a variable)
- Configuration via Vscode's UI
A vim plugin for editing Scilla contracts is provided.
You can install the vim config files through Pathogen by:
Or through Vundle by adding the following line to your
Here is how to enable it:
- Install ALE vim plugin
scilla-checkerexecutable available (https://github.com/Zilliqa/scilla#compiling-and-running)
- Set STDLIB dir in vimrc:
let g:ale_scilla_checker_libdir = '<path>/stdlib'
- Set CHECKER in vimrc:
- Enable the linter in vimrc:
autocmd FileType scilla let b:ale_linters = ['checker']
- Open any scilla file and ensure checker is working:
An emacs major mode for editing Scilla contracts is provided.
Add the following line to your
.emacs file to load this mode for files ending with
For enabling flycheck mode for Scilla (see INSTALL.md). When
scilla-checker is available,
type reporting is also supported. The key binding
C-c C-t will print the type of the variable on which
the cursor currently is.